View the original community article here
Last Tested: Sep 20, 2019
How did I get into this state?
The most typical scenario that this error appears is as follows:
- Two developers working on the same [shared] branch
- The first developer changes something on a given file (lets say fileA.txt)
- The second developer on its local repo rename the fileA.txt to fileAAA.txt
- The first developer commit and push the changes
- The second developer commit and pull
- The second developer then has a merge CONFLICT to be resolved
How do I fix it?
As a troubleshooting measure, make an arbitrary change to your LookML (like add a comment "#"), save and try to pull again. This tends to resolve the error.
Otherwise, the easiest way to fix this would be to log into Github/other git provider and complete the pull and merge outside of Looker to fix the error. Alternatively, you can save changes to the LookML externally (in a Word doc or Notes file), revert to production, and copy the changes back in.