View the original community article here
Last tested: Mar 4, 2021
Docs go over how to clone a public Git repository but can we do the same thing if our Git repo is private?
Yes! We can do that following these steps:
- Create a new Blank Project instead of Clone.
- Click the 'Configure Git' button and use the existing private repo for the git remote.
- Continue with normal Project setup and follow the instructions, adding the deploy key to the repository.
- Create a new file in the empty project and create a commit (it can just be an empty file)
- Once the commit is made, you should see 'Pull and Merge other Changes.' Clicking on this will pull all the LookML from the repository into the project.
- You'll probably want to delete the 'dummy' file and at some point Deploy to Production.