View the original community article here
Last tested: May 11, 2020
System Activity users who are trying to assess query performance will often ask things like:
- What is included in query runtime?
- How come the query runtime doesn't match the runtime in my database?
Query runtime is the time Looker spends from when the query is asked to when it is returned:
- Sending the query to the DB
- Waiting for a result from the DB
- Receiving the result from the DB and writing the JSON for the visualization to render