View the original community article here
Last tested: Nov 3, 2020
In Looker v7.18 Explores have added the option to display Quick Start queries, which allow the user to click on these to load pre-defined queries on the explore to get started in there analysis faster.
As these Quick Cards can populate the Explore space, they are displayed in card format. These cards contain various items, title and description for example.
The rules for truncating the content in these Quick Start cards is as follows:
- Tool tip only displays if the description needs to be truncated
- Tile height is determined by the tallest tile (all other tiles inherit this height)
- All tiles have a maximum and minimum pixel height. Minimum is 115px tall. Maximum is 135px Tall. All tiles have a width of 160px.
- If you have a title with 1 line, the description can be max 4 lines
- If you have a title with 2 lines, the description can be a max of 3 lines
- If you have a title with 3 lines, the description can be max 2 lines
- If you have a title with 4 lines, the description can be max 1 lines
- If you have a title with 5 lines, no description (displays in tooltip only)