View the original community article here
Last tested: Feb 4, 2018
Case 1: Empty
If the field picker is empty, that means that no fields are coming through. The problem is probably at the LookML level.
- Check for an aggressively limiting fields parameter on the explore, like
fieldsdoesn't exist on the explore, then all fields should come through.
- If the explore uses
extends, make sure it also uses
fromas in docs.
Case 2: Gone
If the field picker is gone, then there may be a UI problem.
- The field picker can be collapsed- check for a plus sign in the top left.
- Make sure you're actually on an explore page, not a Look.
- This could be browser extension trouble. Try opening the explore in an incognito window.
- Check the console in the browser (cmd+option+J on Mac) or (CTL+Shift+J on Windows/Linux)