As of Looker 21.12, if your admin has enabled the Enhanced Navigation Labs feature, you can access the Content Validator from the Develop option in the new enhanced left navigation panel.
The Content Validator searches your LookML for model, Explore, and field names referenced in your Looker content. It’s a super useful tool for validating your LookML references, for fixing errors in your LookML after making changes, and for updating the names of your LookML elements across your project.
You must have the develop permission to use the Content Validator.
To open the Content Validator, select Content Validator from the Develop menu:
From here, you can use the Content Validator in two ways:
- Click the Validate button to find and fix errors due to changes in your LookML model.
- Click the Find & Replace in All Content button to find and replace the model, Explore, or field names across your Looker content, whether or not there are errors.
The Content validation documentation page details the followings:
- Running the Content Validator
- Viewing the content validation results
- Replacing names for fields, views, Explores, and models
- Removing a field name
- Deleting Looks