Please check out the original documentation for most up-to-date information.
An access grant is a LookML structure that controls access to other LookML structures, specifically Explores, joins, views, and fields. The access_grant parameter defines an access grant.
access_grant takes the name of a user attribute with the user_attribute subparameter and a list of acceptable values for the user attribute with the allowed_values subparameter. Only those users who are assigned one of the allowed values in the specified user attribute can access structures to which the access grant is required.
Once defined, you can use the required_access_grants parameter at the Explore, join, view, or field level to require the access grant to access those structures.
The access_grant documentation page details the followings:
- Default Value
Things to consider
- User-editable user attributes are not allowed with access grants
- Values listed in allowed_values must match user attribute values exactly
- Users who are not granted access experience different behavior depending on LookML structure
- Access grants at multiple levels are added together
- Accessing structures that reference restricted structures