Please check out the original documentation for most up-to-date information.
Roles, permission sets, and model sets are used together to manage what users can do and what they can see. The Roles page in the Users section of the Admin panel lets you view, configure, and assign roles, permission sets, and model sets.
- A role defines the privileges that a user or group will have for a specific set of models in Looker. You create a role by combining one permission set with one model set.
- A permission set defines what a user or group can do. You select a combination of permissions that you want to assign to a user or group. It must be used as part of a role to have any effect.
- A model set defines what data and LookML fields a user or group can see. You select a combination of LookML models to which a user or group should have access. It must be used as part of a role to have any effect.
The Roles, permission sets and model sets documentation page details the following elements:
- Permissions and dependencies
- Permissions and Looker licenses