How to Fix Model Configuration Errors
What does this error mean?
We need to look at the LookML project settings and verify that the model has the necessary and correct permissions.
Getting to the Configuration for the Model
- In the Looker IDE, open the project's model file and see which connection is specified. For example:
- Click on Manage Projects link in the error dialog box. This will take you to the LookML Projects page.
You can also get to this page by going to the URL
https://<your_looker_domain.com>/projectsor by selecting Manage LookML Projects from Develop menu in the UI:
- Find the model where you saw the error. In this example, we are working on the
operationsproject. You can see the critical error in red for the
- Click the Configure button to open the Edit Model Configuration page.
- View the connection(s) currently selected for the model. In our example, the error stated that "Model
market_researchis not allowed to use connection
crunchbase." We can see that this option is not enabled (checked). Instead, the
bigquery_publicdataconnection was chosen by mistake:
- Check the box next to
- As needed, adjust other connections, such as unchecking the
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to your LookML model and click Validate LookML to verify that the Model Configuration Errors error is no longer there.