How to Fix Model Configuration Errors
What does this error mean?
We need to look at the LookML project settings and verify that the model has the necessary and correct permissions.
Getting to the Configuration for the Model
- Verify in the model LookML that the required connection is
- Click on Manage Projects in the error dialog box. This will take you to the LookML Projects page.
You can also get to this page by going to the URL
https://your_looker_domain.com/projectsor navigating through the UI:
3. Find the model where you saw the error. In this example, we are working on the IMDB project. You can see the critical error in red for the `imdb_spark` model.
4. Click on the Edit Configuration link to go to the Edit Model Configuration page.
5. View the connection(s) currently selected for the model. In our example, the error stated that "Model `imdb_spark` is not allowed to use connection `lookerdata_publicdata`." We can see that this option is not enabled (checked). Instead, the `spark_imdb` connection was chosen by accident.
6. Check the box next to `lookerdata_publicdata` and click Save.
7. As needed, adjust other connections, such as unchecking the `spark_imdb` connection.
8. Navigate back to your LookML model and verify that the Model Configuration Errors is no longer there.