This article illustrates how to get data from a Look into a Google Sheet by using scheduled webhooks with Zapier. This article assumes you have some familiarity with Zapier. Please refer to Scheduling Deliveries Using Webhooks if you have not used Looker with Zapier before.
Note that overwriting your Google Sheet is optional. If you edit your Sheet, you likely do not want to overwrite it but instead you should create a new version each time.
- Open your Look. From the gear menu, select Schedule to open the scheduling pop-up.
- Add your webhook address.
- Go to Google Drive and create a new Google Sheet.
- Copy the document ID from your Google Sheet.
- In Zapier, click Make a Zap!, choose Webhooks as your trigger app, and choose Catch Hook. Click Continue and add your webhook address.
- In your Zap workflow, click ADD A STEP and select Action/Search.
- Select Google Drive as your action app. Then select Replace File as your Google Drive action and click Continue.
- Connect your accounts.
- In the Set Up Template sub-step in your workflow, under File to Replace, paste your document ID from your Google Sheet. Under File, select your Catch Hook from the drop-down.
- View your data in your Google Sheet!