Looking for a way to move dashboards across instances? Check out Gazer, a command line tool that migrates content between instances.
If you have multiple Looker instances in your development lifecycle, and want to move dashboards across those instances, you will need to incorporate and transport those dashboards as part of your LookML model.
The General Steps:
- Get the Dashboard LookML for your dashboard from the dashboard gear menu.
- Copy the resulting LookML into a new Dashboard file in your data model.
- Deploy your data model to production on the current instance, and follow your chosen process for deploying that model to the next instance in your deployment lifecycle (Here’s one option for how to set that up).
- On your next instance, you will see your dashboard saved in the “LookML Dashboards” Space.
- You can optionally convert that dashboard to a UDD (User-Defined Dashboard) and move it to another space on the dashboard’s gear menu.