You can select data in Looker and send it to the Dropbox file-hosting service either as a one-off event or on a schedule. If your admin has enabled this integration, you see the option when sending or scheduling data.
- In the Send or Schedule pop-up, select Dropbox under Where should this data go?
- A new section called Dropbox will appear in the pop-up. Click Log in and enter your Dropbox credentials. You'll only need to do this once.
- Log in to your Dropbox account. If you choose to authenticate through Google, you'll be asked to allow Dropbox to access your Google account.
- In Looker, click Verify credentials.
- In the Dropbox window, click Allow to permit the Looker integration application to access your Dropbox files and folders. This is so you can send or schedule deliveries to specific folders in your Dropbox.
- In Looker, select the Dropbox folder in which you'd like to send or schedule your data delivery from the drop-down menu. The drop-down menu shows the top-level folders in your Dropbox. If you want to send the data delivery to a subfolder, you can do so using the Enter a name field in the next step.
- In the Enter a name field, enter the filename for your data delivery. You can specify an existing subfolder or create a new one by using the syntax
name_of_subfolder/filename. For example, if you select the Home folder from the Select folder to save file drop-down menu and specify
Looker/Data Deliveries/Business Overviewin the Enter a name field, Looker will name the delivery "Business Overview" and put it in the
Data Deliveriessubfolder of the
Lookerfolder in your Dropbox. If the
Looker/Data Deliveriesdirectory doesn't exist, Looker will create it.
- Once you've configured the remaining options for your data delivery, save your selections (for schedules) or click Send (for one-time deliveries).
You're ready to deliver data to Dropbox!